To the future!

About Anything.
FrediFizzx
Independent Physics Researcher

To the future!

Post by FrediFizzx »

Biden finally got the infrastructure bill passed. Hopefully the other BBB bill will get passed soon when Congress comes back. The freakin' BBB bill should have been 6 trillion like Bernie wanted instead of 1.75 trillion. The billionaires should do themselves a favor and do it (6 trillion) privately. They can afford to invest in our future instead of being greedy bastards.
Schmelzer
Independent Scientist

Re: To the future!

Post by Schmelzer »

I would have liked that 6 trillion package too - because with that US goes downhill much faster. 1.75 trillion are also not that bad, but 6 trillion would have been much more serious harm to the US.

After Trump I thought that now the Bernie freaks have the power and all will go down very fast, given that they will stop all the reasonable things Trump has tried to save the US. But it appears there are reasonable people among the Dems, and they are even strong enough to prevent complete insanity. One should never underestimate US power. And so we have not only the same foreign policy as under Trump (against China, out of Afghanistan, f... NATO), but now also the same internal policy - rebuilding infrastructure as the main focus.
FrediFizzx

Post by FrediFizzx »

@schmelzer Ah what fun! Another nonsense spewer! I can't figure out why the moron Trump is NOT locked up yet for killing at least 500,000 people if not more.

Anyways, welcome back to the new forum. You were always a very good debater about physics things. Wrong a lot but a good story for why they aren't wrong.
WooWoo DeHumbug

Post by WooWoo DeHumbug »

Testing guest posting. It works! For all forums.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Post by gill1109 »

Schmelzer wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:55 pm I would have liked that 6 trillion package too - because with that US goes downhill much faster. 1.75 trillion are also not that bad, but 6 trillion would have been much more serious harm to the US.

After Trump I thought that now the Bernie freaks have the power and all will go down very fast, given that they will stop all the reasonable things Trump has tried to save the US. But it appears there are reasonable people among the Dems, and they are even strong enough to prevent complete insanity. One should never underestimate US power. And so we have not only the same foreign policy as under Trump (against China, out of Afghanistan, f... NATO), but now also the same internal policy - rebuilding infrastructure as the main focus.
I think one cannot ever overestimate US incompetence. They kind of inherited English incompetence and took it to a new level. At least, Ilja, we agree that US going downhill faster would be better for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, though, also better for China. I'm for Europe.
FrediFizzx

Post by FrediFizzx »

gill1109 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:20 am
Schmelzer wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:55 pm I would have liked that 6 trillion package too - because with that US goes downhill much faster. 1.75 trillion are also not that bad, but 6 trillion would have been much more serious harm to the US.

I think one cannot ever overestimate US incompetence. They kind of inherited English incompetence and took it to a new level. At least, Ilja, we agree that US going downhill faster would be better for the rest of the world. Unfortunately, though, also better for China. I'm for Europe.
Who won World War II? Who's going to win World War III? USA of course. Nobody cares about losing Vietnam or Afghanistan. S**t-hole places and money drains.
gill1109
Mathematical Statistician

Post by gill1109 »

FrediFizzx wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:17 am Who won World War II? Who's going to win World War III? USA of course. Nobody cares about losing Vietnam or Afghanistan. S**t-hole places and money drains.
Russia won World War II. Some other nations helped. Britain, for instance, had Alan Turing. Thanks to him, German submarine attacks on convoys bringing food, machines, soldiers to Europe were greatly reduced. BTW, my mother was one of Alan Turing's computers (the many young ladies who performed Turing's algorithm on simple calculating machines). She was at one of the outstations of Bletchley Park - the whole operation was duplicated at two other locations.

[aside: Nobody really won World War I. Germany was starved into submission.]

World War III - that might be China vs US. China is doing pretty well, so far. Climate change is a complicating factor. Might make it come sooner, might postpone it a bit.
FrediFizzx

Post by FrediFizzx »

@gill1109 Climate change and novel viruses will be World War III. USA will beat them.